Home > Windows 7 > 7 Automatic Boot? (currently Xp/7 Dual)

7 Automatic Boot? (currently Xp/7 Dual)

Contents

I currently have XP and 7 dual booted, but I want 7 to boot automatically when my computer starts up. When the main GUI loads right-click on the main Windows XP NTFS partition (depending on your setup probably /dev/hda1) and select Resize/Move. Can this be set to work or is it not working because I need Win 7 Ult or Pro? Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit is limited to 4 primary partitions and creating extra partitions without careful planning could cause you unnecessary heartaches. have a peek here

Use the slider to reduce the partition size and free up enough room to install Windows 7 (at least 10GB) and click Resize/Move. Now the problem is when I start my computer, it does not ask which OS I want to use. i waiting for your replay that how could i use duel boot .. To get both XP and Windows 7 as an option at the boot screen you can use the free utility EasyBCD 1.72 or their new 2.0 Beta. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/8790/dual-boot-your-pre-installed-windows-7-computer-with-xp/

Dual Boot Windows Xp And Windows 7

I'm not that good, but it worked on me. October 17, 2010 [email protected] STOP!! January 21, 2011 matty does it need windows xp cd or…what?

Really appreciate it. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. are you sure you haven't got the vista dvd in the drive?…. Windows Xp Dual Boot Windows 10 A previously installed Windows XP Home/Pro with SP2 was used in testing.

Thnx for help :]] May 16, 2008 Sam I tried installing xp on a second partition after already running vista for a while. How To Install Windows Xp Over Windows 7 Neither of these correspond to where Windows XP is installed so if you make any changes and click "Save Settings" you'll break the bootloader entry for Windows XP and it won't I want a boot menu to happen.Thank you. http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/28163-7-automatic-boot-currently-xp-7-dual.html Thanks for any help…..

I escape this and restart to manually select Windows XP Professional. Dual Boot Windows 7 And Xp Easybcd pjmelectMay 1, 2011, 12:51 AM I don’t know why you are making such a chore over something so simple. January 8, 2010 Roi @Energokinetic Yeah if you are sure you do not need anything off your Vista partition, you can just right click it and delete it. Just got new computer with windows7 on it, want to add hard drive from old dieing computer to new one with faster mother board and processor.

How To Install Windows Xp Over Windows 7

The EasyBCD tool doesn't work in XP, and following this process, only XP will boot right now. https://askleo.com/how_do_i_remove_boot_choices_that_i_no_longer_want/ Good luck. Dual Boot Windows Xp And Windows 7 TWO SATA Drives - want an OS on each, dual boot menu upon boot up.1. How To Dual Boot Windows Xp And Windows 7 (xp Installed First) Any help?

i waiting for your replay that how could i use duel boot .. navigate here Now you can boot Win7, but probably won't get a boot option for XP. Select Add New Entry in the left pane. Reply danny October 14, 2011 at 10:22 am very helpful…. Dual Boot Windows 7 And Xp Separate Hard Drives

Select the appropriate language and then "Next". When booting into XP? December 1, 2010 Gary The reason some of you are having problems with this new partition is possibly because you told windows 7 to place an operating system (OS) on it http://webgeninfosystems.com/windows-7/not-seeing-dual-boot-manager-xp-and-windows-7.html Dont make me anyways, I dont have the money.

Comment only on the article. How To Downgrade Windows 7 To Xp Can anybody help me with that? Then;I also decided to install my wireless mouse and keyboard, which consists of a Microsoft USB Wireless desktop receiver.When I did this and attempted to hit Enter for Windows XP on

I have a clean blank other SINGLE (SATA) hard drive upon which I will install Windows XP Professional (32-bit).3.

Facebook Twitter Google+ YouTube LinkedIn Tumblr Pinterest Newsletters RSS TweakHomePC Dual-booting all versions of Windows and Linux Dual-Boot | Win 8 | Win 7 | Respectfully, please do NOT link the dual boot on "one" hard drive from the sevenforums.com Been there done that. However, when i select Windows XP, i get an error saying NTLDR missing. If Using A Dual Or Multi Boot Configuration What Screen Appears During The Boot Sequence Quizlet Type in and then press Enter after each line FIXMBR FIXBOOT EXIT Remove the CD.

I keep getting a blue´╗┐ Screen of Death.it wont let me ad Xp. It must be XP and not any other version of Windows. In Type, select Windows NT/2k/XP/2k3 in the drop-down. this contact form I also installed the old ata hdd with xp os.

thank you all March 11, 2011 Kevin @Migs, the process is quite simple, xp doesnt have the vaio's drivers, I fixed mine by doing this http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/72185-sata-drivers-slipstream-into-windows-xp-cd.html March 12, 2011 matt alright, This will make it easy. by John.Wilkinson / May 21, 2009 3:00 AM PDT In reply to: windows xp and windows 7 dual boot issue: they won't Insert your Vista DVD, restart your computer, and press The closest to a solution seems to be EASEUS Partition Master; which at least it seems to detect most of the files from the lost partitions.

No personal information. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? shiba11Apr 5, 2012, 6:37 AM pjmelect said: One problem with dual booting Windows XP and Windows 7 is that when you boot into Windows XP it will delete Windows 7 restore Then turn SATA (ACHI) to IDE.

When I lunch XP, also I cant do nothing because XP can't see Suse partitions, also if i change boot partition to vista, after restarting my PC dont working, uploading just from BIOS. If still stuck for a solution, boot again from the installation DVD, select Repair your computer, highlight Windows 7, get to a Command Prompt, use DIR command (DIR C: or DIR January 8, 2010 TommyB Inre: GFGFHFGF, I will probably have to DUAL BOOT because I tried to set up a VM using my HP recovery disks and since the VM creates

The install will then commence. I would like to change it to Windows XP. A small addition to XP's registry avoids this problem by making the Windows 7/Vista partition inaccessible when, and only when, XP is running. I think that something was not setting on motherboard bios setup, or may be the Windows XP don't recognize the SATA/HD drives, floppy things, I don't know… And it can be

Reboot to Win7, and create a new Restore Point (right-click Computer > Properties > System Protection). If you reboot it will revert back to drive set in bios.This method is much better than screw*(%^#@$ with a inbetween software boot loader.